My coworker, Kerry made this very delicious chocolate zucchini cake. It's a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables.
1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup butter-softened, 3 eggs, ½ cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, ½ cup soured milk (1/2 tbs lemon juice + milk to equal ½ cup), 2 ½ cups flour, ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp baking soda, 4 tbs baking cocoa, 2-3 cups shredded zucchini and ½ - 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F
2. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish and set aside
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cocoa
4. In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter
5. Add eggs, oil, vanilla and milk, blend well
6. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips
7. Pour into greased pan, bake for 45 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
8. Cool 15 mins. Then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely
9. Serve or cover with your favorite cream cheese frosting. Refrigerate any leftovers
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
½ cup butter- softened, 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened, 4 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla
In medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla beat on medium speed until smooth.