My German friend introduced me to this recipe. It's considered a fast food item in Germany and really simple to make. We modified the recipe to accommodate ingredients we found around the kitchen.
Ingredients (Yields 4 servings):
1 lb kielbasa (Polish sausage), 1 large can of tomato sauce (24 oz), 2 tbs Sriracha chili sauce, 0.5 tsp onion salt, 1 tbs sugar, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 pinch paprika and curry powder to taste
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, mix tomato sauce, chili sauce, onion salt, sugar, pepper and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. When the mixture is bubbly, lower heat and continue to cook for 5 to 10 mins
2. Heat a saucepan with some oil. Place kielbasa in the pan. Cook 3 mins per side or until the sausage is heat through. Remove the sausage to a wooden cutting board and let it rest for 5 mins
3. Slice the sausage to bit size rounds
4. Toast curry powder for a few mins until fragrant (optional)
5. Dish sausage rounds onto serving plates and ladle the sauce over it. Sprinkle desired amount of curry powder
6. Serve with a serving of baked potato fries!