5 Spice Pork Ribs
1 lbs pork ribs rack, 5 garlic cloves- crushed, 1 small onion- sliced, 1 tbs Chinese 5 spice powder, 4 dried chili peppers- cut halves, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 star anise, 1 tbs oyster sauce, 1 tbs caramelized dark soy sauce, 1 tbs veg oil, sesame oil, 2 tbs Chinese rice wine, and black pepper
1. Cut rack to one- piece ribs. Trim excess fat. Place ribs in a large bowl
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Pour hot water over the ribs and let them sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain ribs. Cover the ribs with 5 spice powder and freshly ground black pepper
3. In a hot work, heat veg oil and fry garlic, onion, dried chili peppers, cinnamon stick and star anise until onion turns translucent
4. Add seasoned pork ribs and let them brown slightly on both sides (5 to 7 mins per side)
5. Stir in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil. If the mixture is dry, add a few tablespoons of water. Cover and let the ribs cook for another 15 to 20 minutes or until meat comes off the bones easily and sauce thickens and coats the ribs
6. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!