This is an easy recipe that I concocted with both fresh and store-bought ingredients.
1 cup of ready-made cooked artichokes, 2 roasted red bell peppers, 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, 0.5 lbs asparagus- cleaned and cut in a bias to bite size, 2 cups of tomato sauce, 2 medium shallots- chopped, 1 chicken breast, 1 tbs Olive oil, 0.5 tsp dried basil, 0.5 tsp dried oregano, 0.5 tsp ground black pepper, 0.5 tsp dried parsley and a dash of chili flakes.
1. Cut chicken breast to bite size. Season with black pepper
2. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add olive oil and shallots. Stir- fry shallots until translucent. Add chicken and stir-fry until 3/4 done
3. Add asparagus and mix. Cook for another 3 mins
4. Slice artichokes, red bell peppers and sun-dried tomatoes to bite size. Add into pan and blend
5. Add tomato sauce and the rest of the spices and mix well. Lower heat and cook marinara sauce till bubbly
5. Remove from heat. Serve with your favorite pasta and cheese topping