I modified this recipe to include ingredients I can find in my local store. This dish is really not healthy but it's delicious.
Ingredients (Yields 4 servings):
1 lb pork belly with skin on, 1 packet of cooked yellow noodles (16 oz), 1 tbs soy sauce, 0.5 tbs oyster sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oil, 6 mushrooms, 1 tbs minced garlic, 0.75 cup chicken stock, 2 tbs light soy sauce, 4 tbs dark soy sauce (I prefer mushroom flavored), 1.5 tbs sugar, 1 tbs cornflour, 2 tbs cold water, 2 scallion stalks and black pepper to taste
1. Separate meat from skin and attached fat. Cut meat into bite size cubes. Slice skin and attached fat into small cubes
2. In a bowl, mix 1 tbs soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, 1 tsp cornflour, ginger powder and garlic powder. Season meat with the mixture and set aside for 30 mins
3. Slice mushroom and set aside. Make slurry out of cold water and 1 tbs cornflour in a small bowl
4. In a deep wok over high heat, add 1 tsp oil and wait till the wok is slightly smoked. Add skin and attached fat. Fry till fat is rendered and brown bits appear (~20 to 30 mins). Cover occasionally to avoid splattering oil
5. Strain pork lardons and lay them on paper towel. Save 2 tbs of pork grease. Wipe wok clean
6. Over a high heat, add pork grease and heat until wok is slightly smoked
7. Add pork cubes and fry for 5 mins
8. Add minced garlic and mushroom and fry till pork cubes turn brown (~5 to 10 mins)
9. Add noodles and fry for 2 mins
10. Lower to medium heat. Add chicken stock, light and dark soy sauces, slurry, sugar and black pepper to taste. Coat the noodles, cover the wok and let the noodles simmer for 5 mins or until sauce has thickens
11. Remove noodles from heat
12. Serve hot with gravy, pork lardons and sliced scallions as garnish. Enjoy!
For a healthier option, eliminate sugar and substitute pork landons with meat and pork fat with veg oil.