Best Way to Cut a Pineapple
I grew up watching my parents cutting pineapples. It is a common tropical fruit found in Malaysia. I like pineapple eaten with rojak sauce. (Rojak sauce is made of chili, tamarind paste, shrimp paste, oyster sauce and brown sugar. It is a rather odd combination of ingredients but it works!) Pineapple is a great source of Vitamin C, Manganese and dietary fiber.
Below are instructions on how to cut a pineapple.
1. Using a sharp, heavy serenaded knife, cut the top and bottom of the pineapple. The latter is to create a stable foundation
2. Place the knife orthogonal to the top of the pineapple. Slice the skin off, approximately 2 eyes of the pineapple width (any bigger you would lose more flesh than necessary)
3. Place the knife diagonal to the top of the pineapple (note that the pineapple eyes run on a diagonal). On a slight angle, cut the eyes off thus creating a V-shape valley
4. Rinse the dirt away from the pineapple
5. You can opt to cut the pineapple into rings or wedges
6. To cut into rings, cut the pineapple to desired width. Use a cookie cutter to remove the core in the center of the pineapple slice
7. To cut into wedges, slice the pineapple into quarters. Remove pineapple cores. Slice to desired width