Chicken Pie Recipe
My parents made this chicken pie with their brand new Butterfly 50L electric oven. Enjoy!
Ingredients for filling:
0.5 kg chicken, 200 g potatoes, 1 cup button mushrooms, 1 cup carrots, 2 big onions, 1 tbs oil and fresh parsley
Ingredients for crust:
400 g flour, 250 g margarine, 0.5 cup water
1. Cut chicken into bite sizes
2. Cut potatoes into cubes
3. Finely chop button mushrooms, carrot and onions
4. Over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots and onion. Stir until chicken is 3/4 cooked. Remove from heat
5. Preheat the oven to 225 degC
6. To make the crust, mix the ingredients. Knead the dough into a 12-inch round shape
7. Grease a 12-inch round pan. Pour in the filling and sprinkle the parsley over the filling
8 . Gently lay the round dough over the filling
9. Bake for 30 mins. Serve it while it is hot!