Burrito and Fajita Recipes
I enjoy authentic Mexican food. It's simple, fresh, healthy and delicious. Burrito is a wheat flour tortilla wrapped into a cylindrical shape to enclose a filling. Fajita is any grilled meat served along with a taco or tortilla. To me, anything can go into a burrito. It's a great substitute for sandwich bread. Please take some time and enjoy my simple recipe.
Ingredients (Yields 6 servings):
2 skinless chicken breasts, half a lemon, 1 medium onion, 3 garlic cloves, 1 green bell pepper, 8 white mushroom, ground cinnamon, ground black pepper, paprika, ground chili, salt, oil and sugar
1. Slice chicken to bite size strips. Marinade the chicken with lemon juice, spices and salt. Let the mixture rest for 15 mins
2. Cut onion, green bell pepper and mushroom to strips. Crush garlic
3. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Fry onion and garlic until fragrant
4. Stir in chicken, cover and let it cook for 15 mins while occasionally stirring
5. Add green bell pepper, mushroom and sugar to taste. Blend together until chicken is cooked completely
6. Serve warm along with rice and beans or in wraps
It helps tremendously when you have all the ingredients prepared beforehand. It's also a fun way to have kids assemble their own meal.
1 container of salsa, 1 container of guacamole, 4 roma tomatoes- sliced, lettuce- sliced, 1 bag of Mexican cheese, 6 wheat flour tortilla, fajita, large servings of rice and beans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degF
2. Lay a few tortillas on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a row of cheese in the middle of each tortilla
3. Bake the tortillas for 5 mins or until they are heated through
4. Remove the tortillas to serving dishes
5. For each tortilla, assemble the filling by placing the salsa, guacamole, tomato slices, lettuce, rice and beans, fajita and more cheese
Tips: You can substitute chicken with steak, seafood or pork.
6. Gently tuck the sides of the tortilla towards the middle and roll from one end to another end of the wrap, enclosing the filling. Enjoy eating!
Tips: Remove excess juice from tomato slices by salting them for 15 to 20 mins and dabbing them with a clean paper towel.