I borrowed this recipe from The Gourmet Cookie Book and modified slightly to incorporate ingredients I've around the house.
Ingredients (Yields 3 dozens squares):
0.75 melted butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1.5 cup flour, 1.5 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp baking soda, 0.75 lbs dried peaches, 1 cup water, 0.75 cup sugar, 1 tbs peach liqueur, 0.75 cup chopped pecans and 0.25 tsp cinnamon powder
Tip: Substitute dried peaches with your favorite dried fruits such as apricots, raisins, plums, dates, figs, etc
1. In a medium size bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, baking soda and cinnamon powder
2. Line 9 in square baking pan with Al foil and grease it
3. Press half of the crumb mixture into the greased pan
4. In a saucepan, simmer dried peaches with water and sugar for 20 mins. Stir occasionally
5. Add peach liqueur in the peach mixture and cook for another 10 mins or until the peaches are soft
6. Remove from heat and puree the mixture
7. Spread the peach mixture over the pressed crumb mixture
8. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and cover them with the rest of the crumb mixture. Press gently
9. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 to 30 mins or until it turns golden
10. Remove the pan from the oven. Let it cool for a 5 mins. Cut the mixture into squares while it is still warm
11. When completely cooled and set, turn out the chews from the pan and serve!