Baked Chicken Recipes
Here are a few quick and easy recipes for baked chicken. Baking is a healthier alternative to deep frying. Enjoy the following recipes:
- Baked Chinese 5-spice chicken wings
- Baked honey mustard chicken
- Baked cheesy chicken
- Baked breaded chicken
- Baked buffalo and garlic Parmesan chicken meatballs
- Baked paprika chicken
Baked Chinese 5-Spice Chicken Wings
I think the secret of delicious chicken wings is to parboiled them before baking them to crisp :) You can use any sauce you like. To be honest, I eyeballed my ingredients.
3 dozens chicken wings, 2 inch ginger, 4 jalapeño peppers, 1 heap tbs of Chinese 5 spice powder, 1 tbs honey, 1 tbs mushroom flavored dark soy sauce, 1 tsp veg oil, 0.25 cup water, and sesame oil, ground pepper to taste.
1. Separate wings to wingettes and drummettes, while saving the tips for making stock
2. Preheat oven to 450 degF
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Parboil the wingettes and drummettes for 10 mins
4. While waiting for the chicken wings, finely mince ginger and jalapeño peppers
5. Drain the wingettes and drummettes and dry them with paper towel. This is a good time to pluck stray feathers or broken quills and bristles
6. Wipe down the pot. Heat oils and fry minced ginger and peppers to fragrant (1 to 2 mins). Stir in water, honey, and dark soy sauce and cook until the sauce thickens slightly
7. Toss in the wingettes and drummettes and coat them evenly
8. Place coated wings evenly on slightly greased grill that sit over a baking sheet to catch any drippings
9. Bake for 20 to 30 mins or until desired crispness, then flip them to cook on the underside for another 5 to 10 mins
10. Serve with your fav sides or on rice!
Baked Buffalo and Garlic Parmesan Chicken Meatballs Recipes
I love buffalo and garlic Parmesan chicken wings but the traditional deep fried versions are heart clogging and full of fat. These recipes are healthier options without the fat frying and leaner meat.
Ingredients (Yields 30 golf-size balls):
3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, 1.5 tsp dried oregano, 1.5 tsp dried parsley, 1.5 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp chili powder, 3 tsps garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 0.25 cup hot sauce, 2 tbs butter, 1 tbs olive oil, 0.25 cup grated Parmesan cheese and ground white pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degF
2. Cut chicken to 1 inch pieces. Place in the food processor
3. Add dried oregano, dried parsley, paprika, chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder and ground white pepper
4. Pulse until chicken is grounded
5. Grease two baking sheets. Roll ground chicken to golf-size meatballs. Lay meatballs on baking sheets, ensuring they are not touching each other
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Easy and tasty recipe!
8 chicken drumsticks (~2 lbs), 1 tbs olive oil, 0.25 cup honey, 0.25 cup grounded Dijon mustard and freshly grounded white pepper and salt to taste.
Optional garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley, dried oregano and dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degF
2. Trim excess fat around the drumsticks
3. Massage olive oil over drumsticks. Season with seasonings
4. Mix honey and mustard. Rub mixture over chicken. Lay chicken on baking pan
5. Bake chicken for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reads 175 degF
6. Serve with your favorite sides
6. Bake for 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through. Rotate the sheets halfway through cooking
7. Five minutes before meatballs are done, warm hot sauce and 1 tbs butter in a large pan over medium heat while stirring occasionally
8. Microwave the rest of the butter in a microwavable bowl for 15 seconds. Blend olive oil, ground white powder, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese
9. Coat 15 meatballs in the hot sauce mixture and remove from heat. Coat the other meatballs in the garlic Parmesan mixture
10. Serve with celery sticks, carrot and blue cheese or your fav dipping sauce!
Baked buffalo (left) and garlic Parmesan chicken (right) meatballs
Baked Paprika Chicken Recipe
4 chicken thighs, 1 tsp paprika, 0.5 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbs olive oil and salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F
2. Remove excess fat from chicken thighs
3. Sprinkle and rub the oil all over the thighs
4. Sprinkle paprika and garlic powder on the thighs. Rub the spices into the thighs
5. Sprinkle salt sparingly, if you wish
6. Line Aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Lay the seasoned chicken on the sheet
7. Bake for 40 mins or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork
Alternatively, you can bake chicken drumsticks or thighs by first poking holes in the chicken and baking at 425 degF for 35 minutes.
Baked Breaded Chicken Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and it only took me less than 10 mins of prep work.
2 whole chicken breasts, 1.5 to 2 cups of Panko bread crumbs, 0.25 tsp chili powder, 0.25 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried basil leaves, 1 egg, a few dashes of hot sauce and 1 tbs milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
Oil to grease baking sheet.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degF. Line baking sheet with Aluminum foil and spray oil on it
2. Slice thickest part of the breasts to halves
3. Pound the chicken with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin so the pieces are flattened
4. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients
5. In another bowl, beat egg with hot sauce and milk
6. Cover the chicken with egg wash and dust it with Panko mixture. Place the breaded chicken on the greased and lined baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the chicken pieces
7. Spray some oil on the chicken surfaces
8. Bake for 35 mins or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degF
9. Remove chicken pieces and let them rest for 5 mins
10. Serve as a chicken sandwich or by itself with salad
Baked Cheesy Chicken Recipe
This recipe was created on the spur of the moment. My roommate's dad gave him a bottle of homemade tomato sauce and we had plenty of cheese and chicken breasts in the fridge. I decided to be adventurous and concocted the meal in a matter of minutes. Verdict: delicious!
1 boneless chicken breast, 4 slices of sharp white cheddar cheese, 1 cup good quality tomato sauce, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 0.5 tsp garlic powder and 0.5 tbs olive oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degF
2. Trim excess fat from chicken breast. Cut the breast into halves
3. In a bowl, mix the dried herbs, ground black pepper, garlic powder and olive oil
4. Distribute equally the seasoning mixture onto the chicken halves. Coat the chicken properly
5. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sheet
6. Place the chicken onto the baking sheet
7. Bake the chicken for 45 mins or until they are done (internal temperature should be 165 degF when cooked through). Remove chicken from the oven
8. Heat tomato sauce on an oven-proof pan over low. When you see a few bubbles, add chicken into the sauce. Coat the chicken with the sauce
9. Add cheese slices on the top of the chicken and place the pan back into the oven. Let it bake until the cheese has melted
10. Serve the baked cheesy chicken with you favorite pasta!
Baked chicken with melted cheese and tomato sauce, served with a side of pasta