Grilled Meat and Seafood Recipes
Grilling is a great social event for the family and friends on a nice summer day. But it's always important to keep the kids away from the hot grill, have a fire extinguisher ready to go in case of a uncontrollable fire and keep your carbon footprint low :)
Grilled Lobster Recipe
If I could eat grilled lobsters everyday, I would! Enjoy this recipe, especially great in the summer.
2 1-lb lobsters, split into halves, 1 tsp chopped fresh basil, 1 tsp chopped fresh chives, 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano, 1 tsp freshly ground pepper, half a lemon, squeezed for juice and 1 tbs olive oil
1. Heat up a large grill to high
2. Mix fresh herbs, lemon juice and oil in a bowl
3. Divide equally the herb mixture onto lobster meat
4. Test the grill by sprinkling a few drops of water. If the water evaporates quickly, the lobsters are ready to go on the grill
5. Gently place the lobsters onto the grill with the shell closer to the heat
6. Close the lid of the grill. Let the lobster cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat turns white in color. Make sure that you do not overcook the lobsters as they can turn into rubber-like texture
7. Gently remove the lobsters using grill tongs. Enjoy them with grilled corn or vegetables!
Grilled Sirloin Steak
A good grilled sirloin steak really depends on the quality and freshness of the steak. For the best flavor, select unfrozen, fresh steak. The rest is pretty much piece of cake ;)
1 lb (3/4 in thick) unfrozen, fresh sirloin steak, 1 tbs olive oil, 0.25 tsp dried basil, 0.25 tsp garlic powder, 0.25 tsp dried thyme, 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. Spread hot coals under a clean grill
2. In a small bowl, mix dried herbs, salt, pepper olive oil and Worcestershire sauce
3. Spread mixture over both sides of the sirloin steak and let it sit for 10 mins
4. Test to make sure the grill is hot by sprinkling some water drops. You would hear a sizzling sound of water evaporating quickly
5. Using a pair of thongs, place the steak on one side of the grill and cover the grill. Let it cook for 7 mins
6. Flip the steak and place it on the other side of the grill. This helps to create beautiful grill marks from a hot, untouched surface.
Grilled lobsters. I love how the colors pop
Cover and let it cook for another 7 mins or until the internal temperature of the steak is 160 degF
7. Remove the steak from the grill and let it sit fr 5 mins before serving with your fav sides and steak sauce. The steak should have a nice shade of pink in the middle
Grilled sirloin steak with peppers and onions
You can substitute olive oil with vegetable oil or butter. You can add more seasonings like chili flakes, parsley and other fresh herbs.
The name itself is synonymous to America. In this recipe, I use 90% lean-10% fat ground beef. Simple and tasty!
3 lbs ground beef, a handful of basil leaves, black pepper, chili flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tbs olive oil and 2 dashes of of Worcestershire sauce
1. Prepare the grill by scrubbing the grill and greasing it with oil
2. In a bowl, mix beef with basil leaves, black pepper, olive oil, spices and Worcestershire sauce
3. Separate beef mixture to 4 parts. Shape each ball to hamburger rounds
4. When the grill is hot, place hamburgers away from the direct heat. Close lid and let it cook for 7 mins or until one side is cooked. Flip and cook the other side or until the internal temperature of the hamburger is registered 165 degF for medium or higher temperature for doneness
5. Remove the hamburger and let them rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve between roll or bun
Tips: For medium-rare burgers, ensure your ground beef is fresh. You can melt cheese by placing it on the burger 30 seconds before removing it from the grill. Butter and toast your bun or roll over the grill for a few seconds
Burger served with tomato slices, cheese and home fries