Cucumber Salad Recipe
I had some tasty cucumber salad at a friend's cabin so I thought of giving it a try. Coincidently, my coworker was giving away some freshly picked cucumbers. This is my first time making a cucumber salad, so I hope you like it.
5 small cucumbers (about 5 inches in length), 1 cup vinegar, 0.5 cup sugar, 0.5 cup water, 2 tbs salt, 4 heads of freshly picked dill and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Peel the skin off the cucumbers. Cut the ends off
2. Slice the cucumbers thinly
3. Lay out the slices in a wide plastic container. Sprinkle salt on the slices. Cover the container and store it in the fridge for 2 hours
4. Drain the cucumber slices, but do not pat dry. Place the slices back into the container. Add the dill and pepper. Gently toss the ingredients together
5. In a small pot, heat and whisk together the vinegar, sugar and water over low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat
6. Pour the solution onto the slices. Add pepper and dill. Stir gently so everything is incorporated
7. Cover the container and store in the fridge for at least one hour before serving
Great side dish on a hot sunny day!