Campfire Cheesy Zucchini Recipe
Simple recipe, great for cooking outdoors!
1 large zucchini, a few pinches of freshly ground pepper, 2 tbs butter and a few slices of sharp cheddar cheese. Salt to taste
1. Cut the zucchini to 0.5 inch slices
2. Make a boat-like shape from Aluminum foil. Lay the zucchini slices
3. Sprinkle pepper and salt equally over the slices
4. Crumble and sprinkle butter equally over the slices
5. Lay generous amounts of cheese over the slices
6. Cover the slices with a layer of Aluminum foil. Seal tightly by rolling the ends together
7. Toss the package into the campfire, preferably close to hot coals
8. Rotate the package every few minutes
9. The zucchini slices are done when a fork goes through the slices smoothly. Enjoy!
And the best part, little cleaning!
Check out other campfire recipes such as:
-yam wrapped in Al foil and cooked on hot coals