In this webpage, I'll write up various cooking techniques that are so simple to do. Enjoy!
...Poach Chicken Drumsticks
All you need is a basic stock to flavor your chicken drumsticks. In my recipe, I used miso paste but feel free to add vegs and spices to your liking. To poach an entire bird, extend the cooking time from 40 mins to 1.5 hours. Poached chicken goes well with rice or noodles, on salads or even between 2 slices of your fav bread.
4 chicken drum sticks, 1 heaping tbs miso paste for broth, dashes of ground ginger, garlic powder, ground black pepper and dried herbs (I used parsley), and enough water to fill a medium saucepan and cover drumsticks
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat
2. Trim excess chicken fat and rinse drumsticks. Add into boiling water and reduce to slow simmer. Stir in miso paste and cover with a lid. Let the soup simmer for 30 mins
3. Add spices and continue to cook for another 10 mins or until the internal temperature of the chicken is registered at 165 degF or until juices run clear
4. Serve as chicken soup with seaweed
5. Alternatively, remove poached chicken and let them cool before stripping the meat from the bones. Serve with leafy greens as salad or as a sandwich with your fav bread slices.
6. Save the stock for soups!