Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts Recipe
I won first prize in the dessert category contest hosted by BulbBlog.com with this recipe. It yields 12 tarts
Ingredients for filling:
16 oz cream cheese, 1 cup and 2 tbs sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 8 fresh strawberries (washed and cored)
Ingredients for Graham cracker crust:
2 cups of crushed Graham crackers, 0.5 cup sugar and 6 tbs butter
Procedures to make the crust:
1. Melt butter
2. Combine crushed crackers, sugar and melted butter
3. Place 12 paper cup liners in the muffin pan
4. Divide the crust mixture equally into lined muffin cups. Press lightly into the bottom of the pan
Procedures to make the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degF
2. Beat cream cheese until it is fluffy. Add 1 cup of sugar, vanilla extract while beating well
3. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well
4. Spoon mixture into the lined cups
5. Bake for 15 mins. Cut strawberries into cubes and put them in a bowl
6. Sprinkle 2 tbs sugar on the strawberries and toss together
7. When 15 mins have elapsed, remove the muffin pan and distribute equally the strawberries on the filling
8. Bake for 5 more mins. Remove to cool and enjoy your creation with a dollop of whipped cream!
Strawberry cream cheese tart
You can substitute fresh strawberries with other fruits such as blueberries, peaches, oranges, raspberries, cherries and many more.
You can substitute the Graham cracker crust with store-bought vanilla wafers, cinnamon crackers, etc.