Moist Banana Nut Bread Recipe
I tried several BNB recipes but this recipe is my very own and best creation so far. People who ate my BNB loved it and asked me to make more. Let me know what you think!
Ingredients to make one bread
1.5 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 3 large and very ripe bananas (mashed), 1 tsp vanilla, 0.5 cup nuts (walnut, almond and pecan work well), 1 shot of good bourbon whiskey, 0.5 cup butter, 0.5 tsp baking soda, 0.25 tsp baking powder and 1.5 cup flour
1. Preheat oven at 375F
2. Grease bread loaf pan
3. Toast nuts over low heat for a while to release oils. Chop the nuts and soak them in bourbon whiskey
4. Blend together sugar, butter and eggs
5. Shift together baking powder, baking soda and flour
6. Mix the dry ingredients in the batter
7. Add mashed bananas, nuts and vanilla. Mix well
8. Pour batter into loaf pan
9. Bake for an hour and remove to cool
PS: The inside of the bread is still moist when you remove to cool. Don't sweat about it because it's cooked and living up to its name :)
You can substitute 1 cup of regular sugar with 0.5 cup of sugar syrup.
You can add dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, and coconut flakes. 0.5 cup in total should suffice.
Moist banana nut bread
(Insert) A slice of the BNB