Grilled Zucchini Slices
This is a very easy dish to prepare. Feel free to add dried herbs like basil, oregano or parsley. You can add cayenne powder for some heat.
1 large zucchini, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, freshly grounded pepper and salt to taste
1. Cut zucchini to 0.5 inch thick slices
2. Sprinkle olive oil, garlic powder, pepper and salt on all the slices. Use finger tips to rub and coat the slices
3. Heat grill pan over medium high heat. Spray some PAM oil
4. Add the coated zucchini slices onto the pan, taking caution not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 5 minutes then flip the slices to cook for another 5 minutes or until fork-tender
5. Remove and serve the slices
Grilled Bok Choy
This Chinese cabbage is becoming popular in the American kitchen. It is sweet in flavor and tender when cooked.
2 large bok choy, 1 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut bok choy into half. Wash away grit, if any
2. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle some freshly ground pepper and salt (to taste) on bak choy. Toss lightly
3. Heat grill pan over medium heat until you see slight smoke. Lay bok choy on pan. Let it cook for 3 mins or until transparent
4. Flip over and cook for another 3 mins or until transparent. Remove from heat and serve.
Tips: You can opt to season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder or sesame oil before grilling