Simple yet delicious healthy snacks:
- banana crisp
- homemade granola
- Graham cracker with PB and nutella sandwich
My older sister finds ways to make something common seems unusually interesting.
1 ripe banana, fried shallot slices and fried garlic slivers
Peel banana skin and nip off the top. Sprinkle a few shallot or garlic slivers. Chomp away!
Tips: One can find fried shallots and garlic in the Asian grocery stores. You can make them at home by frying or toasting the shallot and garlic slivers.
Also known as a breakfast item, it is so simple to make. Feel free to substitute the ingredients with your favorite nuts and dried fruits.
3 cups quick oats, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup pecans, 0.25 cup shredded coconut, 0.25 cup brown sugar, 0.5 tsp salt, 0.25 cup oil, 0.25 cup good grade maple syrup and 0.5 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degF
2. Chop nuts coarsely
3. Mix oats, nuts, shredded coconut, brown sugar and salt
4. Add oil and maple syrup in the dry ingredients and blend well
5. Grease a baking sheet. Pour mixture on the baking sheet
6. Bake in the oven for 30 mins or until desired brownness, stirring every 10 mins
7. Cool completely and mix in chocolate chips
8. Serve as a snack or with yogurt for breakfast!
Graham Cracker Sandwich
My friend J.B. introduced me to this simple yet delicious snack. You can use other crackers and they would taste good.
2 Graham crackers (cinnamon sugar covered preferably), Nutella or hazelnut spread and your fav peanut butter
Generously spread one cracker with Nutella and the other with peanut butter. Sandwich together and snack!